Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mikayla Turned 5!!

We have had a really fun, but dreadfully ordinary summer. Mikayla turned 5 on Monday and I can't believe it. She starts school in about 4 weeks. It will be so much fun for her. She is excited to ride the bus. She is dancing in the Bountiful Parade tonight with her dance company. She auditioned and made the competition dance team, which is exciting. She is loving playing in the sprinklers this summer.
Gweny is getting tall(er). She is also getting sassy. She insists on dressing herself and when we go to Mikayla's dance classes, she brings a pair of Mikayla's old ballet slippers and stands in the doorway and dances along with them. She can't start taking dance until she turns 3, so she still has 6 months of watching and doorway-dancing. She is a good girl and is learning so much.

Mikayla got a kitten from Jay and Leeann for her birthday. We named him Jasper. He's cute.
Josh is teaching summer school for a few more weeks, then will study for his test with only a few days before the regular school year starts. He is working hard. He also got a new job as the girl's basketball coach. That will be lots of fun.

Not much other news. Lame blogger lately. We took the girls to the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point. It was lots of fun. Here are some pictures!

5 comments:

Scot and Jenny said...

Yay! Happy Birthday sweet Mikayla!

Williamson Fam said...

Sounds a bit more exciting than our summer, fun stuff..

Katie said...

Happy Birthday little Mikayla!!! It was sure fun to see you for a little Merilee!

Christian and Jennifer said...

Yeah, she turned 5 like 26 years ago. POST SOMETHING NEW! We love you guys. And happy birthday, Mikayla! I thought I posted that here, but I guess I never did. I'm sorry! I love you!

Stacy said...

Did you go on two-dollar Tuesday? Apparently that deal was only until last week so we missed it. I wish we were a little closer so we could get the kids together for fun activities. If we don't make it to Bountiful tonight, then HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOSH! Sure love you!