Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

First Grade

My Mikayla started 1st grade today. And here I thought I was over being sad on the first day of school. 1st grade was harder than Kindergarten. We got to the school this morning and in the huge jumble of children and parents, Mikayla quickly found her teacher and ran to stand in line, without saying goodbye. I know she was just so excited to find her place and see her friends, so I waited patiently through the flag ceremony and then fought my way through the crowd while pushing the stroller and trying to hold on to Gweny. I finally found her and her little face lit up and she said, "Mommy, I'm so glad you came to say goodbye to me!" She gave me a kiss and then followed her teacher and friends into the school.

I got a little teary-eyed and Gweny asked why I was sad. I told her that I would miss Mikayla while she is gone all day and Gweny said, "Well, you still have me." I'm glad I still have my Gweny. I'm so proud of Mikayla for being so excited and confident on her first day of school.



2 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

That's tomorrow for us. I've already cried:(. Hope you are doing well!

Christian and Jennifer said...

She's so dang cute! And I had a hard time with kindergarten . . . I can't even imagine what a basketcase I'll be for first grade!