Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

National Adoption Month

November is National Adoption Month. I get reflective this time of year. It is appropriate that National Adoption Month and Thanksgiving fall in the same month. I am so grateful for my children and the unique ways they came into our family. I'm thankful for the courage and compassion of all of our amazing birth parents. Some of you, we have standing or new relationships with and some of you watch from afar, but we know you are there. We feel your presence, all of you. We see you in so much of what we do and we think of you more often than you could know.

Rather than bore you with another long post, I will let the songs in these slideshows speak for me. Listen to the words and enjoy the beautiful music (and of course, my beautiful children)!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free picture slideshow


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This photo slideshow created with Smilebox


A little note to Gweny,
We love you, too. I know that, ironically, you may someday feel like the outsider because your brother and sister share this bond of being adopted. But just remember that I firmly believe that before we came to this earth, we were a family. We were there together. Now, we are here on earth together, some of us just had to take a little detour to get to the right place!

3 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Oh Ermie, that little letter to Gwen gave me goosebumps. Arneybumps. I love you! I need to call you about Sunday....I'm excited!

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Beautiful post. Your family is so special. I think the whole MacCabe clan is the best. Love you guys! And, I love those songs as well. So wonderful.

Williamson Fam said...

Insert tears here, beatiful post..We're so glad you have all the kids you have your family is truly blessed..