Pages

Friday, October 12, 2007

``I am certainly the most fortunate creature that ever existed!' - Pride and Prejudice

Uh, What did you say?

The inner-thoughts of Mikayla's mind


The other day, Mikayla was running around the living room like a crazy person. Josh had taken his cello out the day before and left the soft storage case on the floor. Mikayla tripped over the storage case and instead of the usual cry of distress at falling down, I heard a quiet giggle come from her. When I asked what was so funny, she said, "I fell down on the cello clothes."


Mikayla's grandma called the other day to talk to Mikayla. Mikayla was busy and refused to talk to her grandma. I said, "Mom, I'll call you back in a few minutes." I then had a stern talk with Mikayla and sent her to the naughty step to think about how much she hurt her Grandma's feelings by not wantint to talk to her. After a few minutes, Mikayla said, "I think I'm ready to talk to Grandma now." I called Grandma back and put Mikayla on the phone. With tears running down her face and sobs in her voice, she told Grandma, "Mommy spanked me lots of times and made me sit on the naughty step all day."



Mikayla locked the bathroom door and closed it from the outside. I asked her if she could unlock it. After trying to crawl under the door she said, "Its stuck. I really locked it!"


Mikayla amazes me with the things that she knows. Out of the blue yesterday she said, "Mommy, Aunt Katie is going to have a boy baby, like Beck."

We went to visit Josh's parents before the bedtime the other night. Granddad said, "Mikayla, can I tell you a bedtime story." Mikayla said, "No, I'll tell you one. Once upon a time, there was a plano (piano). The plano, said, 'plink plink plunk plong, bing, bum, bong, boom.' and it went to sleep. The end." It was all very deep and inspirational.






And finally, Mikayla stole my diet Coke and carried it across the room. She brought me a sippy cup and a baby toy and a diaper and she said, "I want your Diet Coke, so today, you have to be the baby and I'll be the mommy and drink you Diet Coke, Ok?"

Gwenyth is getting SO close to crawling. Its exciting, and scary. She's all over the place, rolling and scooting on her head. Yes, her head. She's rubbing a new bald spot on the back of her head from all of her head scooting.
We love you all. We are having a great time here in Utah. We are all looking forward to Halloween and the other holidays coming up. We love you all!

3 comments:

Christian and Jennifer said...

Oh, my word! They are so hilarious! Mikayla is brilliant and little Gwennnie is beautiful, despite her bald spot! Thanks for the stories. Keep posting them. We love to read them.

Christian and Jennifer said...

Beck is SO stoked to see Mikayla. And I can't wait to see you guys, either.

Merilee said...

I know. What do you think about a slumber party on Friday night? Can Beck come over here? Let me know. If not, that's ok too. Love you.