Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"To know that what I have to relate will give such pleasure to all my dear family! how shall I bear so much happiness!'' - Pride and Prejudice

Mikayla has become quite the little conversationalist lately. I, of course, can understand her completely. But for those of you who don't have the pleasure of her daily company and ramblings, I have provided a "Dictionary According to Mikayla. Volume 1"

First of all though, here is how Mikayla sings the ABC's (sing to the tune of the ABC's as you read it. It makes more sense.)
a b c d e f d ace i day k avenue p q r yes kee u b w x y and b now my know my abcs abcdefd next time won't you sing wiff me!!!

Ay-ee-woll - Arial from the Little Mermaid.
Beaver - Teagan - I asked Mikayla what the name of her brand new baby cousin is, and she thought for a minute and then answered, "Beaver" Mikayla and baby Beaver


Bedda - Bella - Her cousin
Bumpy - Lumpy from the New Winnie the Pooh movie.
Crammon - Cameron - one of her friends that comes over to play

Cramra – Camera - usually followed by an enthusiastic "CHEESE!!"
Datangan- Dartanion - our old dog
Fridger- Combination of Fridge and Freezer. She is very efficient.
Ghetti - you guessed it - Spaghetti
Grammar - Grandmother - Mikayla affectionately referrs to Grandmother as Grammar
Hangaberger - Hamburger - A favorite around our house.
Kayda - Mikayla - This is how she says her name
Light Bulbs - Meat Balls - The other days Mikayla asked for "Ghetti and Light Bulbs" for lunch. Here is the end result...

Then, I told her to wash her hands. She washed JUST her hands


Make it so Pretty- This is what Mikayla says when she is talking about Mommy fixing her hair. Sometimes, its good thing, "mommy, please make it so pretty." Sometimes, its followed by kicking, screaming and ratty hair for the rest of the day.
Night Night Book- "Goodnight Moon" - One of the lines from the book reads, "And two little kittens and a pair of mittens." Mikayla likes to finish the lines, so the other night, it went like this, Me-- "Two little"... Her -- "Kittens" Me-- "and a pair of"... Her "Underpants. HA HA" Ogre- Yogurt
Papa- Grandpa
Schomat - (Skuh-mit) - Stomach - as in, "My Schomat hurts"
Seat Belt - A belt - the kind that holds one's pants up
See-o-woll - Cereal - It makes sense to me
TB - TV - though TB commonly referrs to a less than desirable illness, TB in our house actually means, TV
Teppa - Pizza - Why? I don't know
Toof-tafe - Tooth Paste - of course
Wooze - Either Use or Lose - Take it all in context, if you don't know, always assume "Lose" - Let's face it, she's three and she probably lost something.

She's almost crawling! About two seconds after this pose, she falls flat on her face. She really wanted that piece of garbage though, I guess.

2 comments:

Christian and Jennifer said...

Oh, my funnyness! That's hilarious! I loved her joke about underpants. That's our little comedienne, huh? She's hilarious and Gwennie is so big, I can't even believe it. I love the picture with Beaver. Cute stuff, Merilee. Keep it coming. I love reading this stuff!

Merilee said...

Thanks, I love reading yours too. I can't wait to get Mikayla and Beck together at last.