I need some new reading material. I'm getting bored with what I have. Does anyone have any good suggestions? I'm pretty much up for anything as long as it isn't sad or scary.
Guess who I hung out with today? Becky!! Remember her? She lives in American Fork and said to tell you a big hello! Anyway, I have been reading the "O'Malley series" by Dee Henderson, but they are sort of scary cuz they are mysteries. I thought you had started Harry Potter again....are you done already? Um...I will think about it and get back to you. I'm actually always looking for books too.
The Secret Journal of Brett Colton (and other books by Kay Lynn Mangum)
Little Britches (Ralph Moody)
The Family Nobody Wanted (Helen Doss)
What the Dr. Ordered & Trial of the Heart by Sierra St. James (LDS author but not sappy. Her other books are kind of weird though)
If you don't mind a little bit of the author trying to convert the reader to their religion Lori Wick is a good author. Some books have more than others. Here is a website where you can look at the books - http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/w/lori-wick/
My mom and I both like these books by her
Bamboo and Lace Sophie's Heart The Hawk and the Jewel (and others in this series)
I hope these help - I'm really much better at children's books as I worked with them at the public library for 3 years.
6 comments:
Merilee, you need to get on GoodReads.com! I know you have a login. :)
But here are some of my favorite books that I think you would enjoy (sorry if you have read a lot of them already):
"Book of a Thousand Days" OR "Princess Academy" by Shannon Hale (most of her books are really good)
"Sorcery & Celia or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot" (that is all one title) by Patricia Wrede
"The Inheritance" by Louisa May Alcott (this was the first book she wrote when she was 17, very cute)
"Mr Darcy's Diary" by Amanda Grange (I know you like P&P so I think you will like this)
"Ella Enchanted" by Gail Carson Levine (book=EXCELLENT; movie=HORRIBLE)
That was probably WAY more than you bargained for. But I hope you will enjoy at least one of those. :)
I also was thinking of goodreads and specifically of Debbie! She reads a ton!!!
Have you ever read all the classics, Tom Sawyer, Treasure Island?
Guess who I hung out with today? Becky!! Remember her? She lives in American Fork and said to tell you a big hello!
Anyway, I have been reading the "O'Malley series" by Dee Henderson, but they are sort of scary cuz they are mysteries. I thought you had started Harry Potter again....are you done already?
Um...I will think about it and get back to you. I'm actually always looking for books too.
I enjoyed reading the Jane Austin collection.
The Secret Journal of Brett Colton (and other books by Kay Lynn Mangum)
Little Britches (Ralph Moody)
The Family Nobody Wanted (Helen Doss)
What the Dr. Ordered & Trial of the Heart by Sierra St. James (LDS author but not sappy. Her other books are kind of weird though)
If you don't mind a little bit of the author trying to convert the reader to their religion Lori Wick is a good author. Some books have more than others. Here is a website where you can look at the books - http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/w/lori-wick/
My mom and I both like these books by her
Bamboo and Lace
Sophie's Heart
The Hawk and the Jewel (and others in this series)
I hope these help - I'm really much better at children's books as I worked with them at the public library for 3 years.
Post a Comment