Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Some Gweny-isms

*Gweny is by-far THE least graceful child on the planet. She is constantly falling down, smashing her fingers, and running into chairs, door frames, door knobs, pretty much anything will do. She is famous for a scenario that routinely goes like this:

Me: Gweny, go get (shoes, pants, my phone...whatever it might be)

Gweny: OK!! (Gweny turns quickly to run and get whatever I asked her to and SMACK!..right into the wall. Yep, happens all the time.)

Well, a few days ago, she asked if she could have the dollar she found on Josh's night stand. He said, "I'll make a deal with you. If you can go all day without bumping your head, you can have the dollar." She came back that night and yelled at him, "I didn't bonk my head!" Then she pointed at the dollar and yelled, "So give me that dollar!" Then we went to the grocery store and she threw the dollar and a Kit Kat at the cashier who laughed as he rang up her proud little purchase.

*Gweny is potty trained, but I don't know how. She still has the tiniest little bladder and she has to go potty every 20 minutes. So, I took her to the bathroom as soon as we got into Costco the other day. We started shopping and wandered away from the bathroom area and she started squirming and said very loudly, "I have to go potty!" I said, "Gweny, hold it. I just took you." She put her little hands on her hips and tilted her head to the side and had an exasperated look on her face as she said, "Mommy, do you want me to pee in my pants? If you don't take me right now, I will be very mad at you."
*Gweny told us that she broke her grandmother's glasses and that grandmother got very mad at her. We were worried and we called Josh's mom to see if we needed to replace the glasses and to say that we were very sorry if her glasses were indeed broken. She told us that her glasses were fine and that she has actually never been mad at Gweny. We found out later that it was all just a dream...
*Speaking of dreams...Mikayla very often tells us true stories of things that happened to her at school or at dance class or at a friend's house. When she is finished with her story, Gweny pipes up with, "Well, in my dream"...and then goes off on some random thing that may or may not have really happened.
*Gweny refers to all buildings as houses. Some examples...the movie theater is the popcorn house, the gas station is the drink house, Taco Bell is the cheese roll-up house, the doctor's office is the doctor house, the airport is the plane house. Even if she knows what it's really called, she simplifies it and puts the word "house" after it.








8 comments:

Patti Johansen said...

How cute! I hope someday I can meet this amazing little girl and all your children!

Patti Johansen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim, Becky, and Kids said...

It's so fun to have a peek into the mind of a small child! I love that everything is a house! What a cute girl!

Christian and Jennifer said...

Although I think Ainsley can give Gweny a run for her money on the clutzy-ness thing, I have to say that Gweny is one of the cutest things on the planet. I can just see her yelling, "So give me that dollar!" And the potty thing is hilarious. She knows her business and you'd better get her to the potty NOW. This was so fun to read.

Katie said...

So cute!! I love your kids!!!

Scot and Jenny said...

Ahhhhhh she is so darn cute! Love this post!

amanda said...

She is so stinking cute! I love her to death. I love all your kids to death. I wish I lived near by so I could see them more often. Tell them that their Aunt Amanda loves them!

amanda said...

She is so stinking cute! I love her to death. I love all your kids to death. I wish I lived near by so I could see them more often. Tell them that their Aunt Amanda loves them!