Mikayla's baptism day was so wonderful! She was baptized on August 4th, along with 6 other kids from our stake, 3 others from our ward. Here are the 4 awesome kids together.

Mikayla looked so beautiful. She was so excited and so happy for her special day. Her grandma and grandpa MacCabe bought her this beautiful dress and finished off the royal treatment with a gorgeous corsage. She looked so grown-up.
She got her very own set of scriptures and a new journal.
(See that creepy, bony, zombie foot sneaking in from the right? Yeah, that's Leeann's foot)
Gweny was excited for her sister (and only a little bit jealous). This is what she looked like on Mikayla's baptism day.
But then she decided that the white dress was "too itchy," so she really looked like this.
LJ looked like this:
Aunt Leeann and cousin Jaelee looked like this:
and Uncle Jay looked like this:
and this:
Mikayla has a lot of great friends who came to support her on her special day.
Josh baptized and confirmed her. I was so proud of how wonderfully she handled everything. She was poised, brave and so, so sweet to everyone who came.
Her pretty confirmation dress was a gift from her grandmother and granddad. We are grateful to have such awesome grandparents who live close to us.
It truly was a special, wonderful day. I can't believe how grown-up she is. This is the first thing she wrote in her new journal: I just got baptized. I felt the spirit when I just got out of the water. It felt really good inside and when I got confirmed. I had pretty dresses. My dad baptized and confirmed me.
She's such an incredible kid. About a week before her baptism, she found out that one of the girls from our ward didn't have a dress and she selflessly offered one of her own so that her friend could wear a beautiful white dress too.
She and the other kids from the ward sang, "When I am Baptized." We had
a luncheon after the baptism and so many wonderful friends and family
members came to support our little Mikayla. It was an amazing day! I
love my Mikayla so much and I'm so proud of her for wanting to be
baptized.



1 comment:
I can not believe how old she is already. She is also so beautiful.
Post a Comment