Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Mikayla's "Reflections" Entry

Mikayla wanted to enter something into this years "Reflections" contest at school. I gave her my camera and said, "Go crazy." She did a fantastic job! She took all these pictures by herself and chose the ones she wanted to use.
Then, she wrote this to go along with her pictures.  It says:
"The magic of the moment is with my childhood memories: The empty tables with leaves around, in piles they lay on the ground.  Trampolines left with despair.  My childhood paths never roam.  The pumpkins left uncarved with cat let go.  The forest with leaves all changing and leaving and gone.  The bikes and scooters lay aside.  Winter is coming too soon.  My childhood is ending soon.  It will unlock another magical moment soon to come."

I was impressed with her ability to put the words together so beautifully for an 8-year-old.  Good job, Mikayla!

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Oh my goodness, what do you guys do to make yourselves such amazing poets??? It must be a spiritual gift that is given in the MacCabe family. I'd love to share this with my third graders. Absolutely beautiful work, Mikayla! I'm a fan! Please do more!