Wow, it’s the end of November again
already. Once again, I’m grateful for
National Adoption month. I'm wondering what I can say this month that I haven't said already. I admit that I
don’t focus on the fact that some of my kids are adopted. Perhaps, in the quiet moments of the day,
when I look at their sleepy faces, or celebrate their little accomplishments, I
say a prayer of thanks because I know I am so blessed to have them. But really, I don’t focus on it. I love them each so very much the same. And I know Josh does too.
This year, I have been so grateful
that over 9 years ago, our prayers were answered so clearly. When we decided to adopt, we had barely
touched our toes onto the infertility path.
An inspired bishop and many prayers together let us know that we needed
to take the other road, that adoption was what the Lord had in mind for
us. I’m grateful that that decision came
without turbulence or conflict. We both
just knew. There was very little discussion
about it and the decision came with no anxiety or unrest, just peace. We knew.
I did, however, have a hard time
letting go of the idea of being pregnant.
I so longed for the flutter of tiny baby kicks, seeing and hearing a
heartbeat and the excitement of bringing my baby into the world. I even looked forward to the morning sickness,
because it meant I could have a baby of my own.
But then, I also realized that there is a difference between wanting to
be pregnant, and wanting a baby.
I love my kids. I love being their mother. I don’t think about them being adopted because
they are mine. But no, they aren’t
mine. They are children of Heavenly
Father. Heavenly Father and some very selfless
people placed them in my arms, asked me to love them and teach them, and it’s a
responsibility that I appreciate and try to understand.
To Mikayla’s Birthparents: What a valiant spirit you brought into this
world! Thank you for providing the body
in which her spirit can flourish and grow.
We love her so. She is an example
of kindness and intelligence. We love
you.
To LJ’s Birthparents (and grand
birthparents): He’s brave and audacious.
His fearlessness will make him a great
missionary and his courage and determination will make him a confident and
capable leader. With his strong, healthy
body, he’ll succeed in ways that will make us all so proud to be his
parents. We love you, too.
4 comments:
you make me tear up! I love you and your family so much! You all are so couragous! Thank you for being such a wonderful example in our lives
Your three precious babies are VERY BLESSED to have you and Josh for their parents. They are growing up in a loving home and being taught all the important things they will need to know to survive in this crazy world. What a blessing that you opened your hearts to precious little ones that needed you more than you'll ever know. I pray that God blesses you all each and every day. Thank you for loving them. You are very special.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: your views on children and motherhood have literally changed my life. Thanks for understanding a bigger picture and for bringing some of my favorite nieces and nephews into this family!
We love your family! So grateful for all the different ways families can be created. :)
Post a Comment