Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Quick Update

I just got home from a quick trip to Colorado Springs. For those of you who don't know, my mom is very, very sick. She is in the intensive care unit on a ventilator. She has a very bad case of streptococcus pneumonia and is in an induced coma until she improves enough to breathe on her own. They have her on a number of antibiotics, but she doesn't seem to be responding well to the treatments. The doctors told us this morning that it could be a few weeks until they can take her off the ventilator and let her out of the ICU. She did squeeze my hand before I kissed her and left yesterday. Please pray for her and my dad and the rest of my family. She is such an amazing woman and a wonderful mom and grandma. I need her so much and my girls need her as well. Love you all!

7 comments:

Shanda said...

I am so sorry to hear that! You and your mom will be in our prayers! by the way...Your girls are getting so big and so beautiful!

Williamson Fam said...

I have been praying so hard for your mom, it just breaks my heart for your family right now, thanks so much for the update..Hang in there.

Elena Harrison said...

We Love you guys!!! Please let us know what we can do to help you guys out! Remember my parents are out there and they will do anything for your family. Just let them know. You are in our prayers.

Becca Jane said...

Our prayers and thoughts are with you constantly right now. We love you!!

Jennifer Hepworth said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is so ill. We will keep her in our prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I love you all!

Kelly said...

Sorry to hear this! I will keep her in my prayers.

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness, how scary! I'm glad you were able to go see her and that she is doing better. I will pray for her full recovery. Did it start with strep throat or pneumonia? How did she know to go to the hospital?