I have to admit that I have yet to admit that I truly live in Utah. The fact that I cried when we registered our car and got Utah plates and I still carry my valid CO drivers license would prove that fact. Anyway, I got this as a forward (Thanks Jen!) and thought it was funny. I hope all of my Colorado friends enjoy it and just know that I am jealous of you and your stinkin' Pikes Peak...
You're from Colorado if...
You'll eat ice cream in the winter.
When the weather report says it's going to be 65 degrees, you shave your legs and wear a skirt.
You'll wear flip flops every day of the year, regardless of temperature.
You have no accent at all, but can hear other people's. And then you make fun of them.
'Humid' is over 25%.
Your sense of direction is: Toward the mountains and Away from the mountains.
You say 'the interstate' and everybody knows which one.
You grew up planning your Halloween costumes around your coat.
You know what the Continental Divide is.
You went to Casa Bonita as a kid, and as an adult.
You've gone off-roading in a vehicle that was never intended for such activities.
You always know the elevation of where you are.
You wake up to a beautiful, 80 degree day and you wonder if it's going to snow tomorrow.
**You don't care that some company renamed it, the Broncos still play at Mile High**
Every movie theater has military and student discounts.
You know you're talking to a fellow Coloradoan when they call it Elitches, not Six Flags.
A bear on your front porch doesn't bother you.
When people out East tell you they have mountains in their state too, you just laugh.
You go anywhere else on the planet and the air feels 'sticky' and you notice the sky is no longer blue.
8 comments:
So, how do you know it's summer in Wyoming? ............................................................................................
All the license plates TURN GREEN!
Ya, I liked to ask that to Jennifer frequently. All you Coloradans migrate to Wyoming in the summer. :) But, I too, still can't believe that I LIVE in Utah. Weird.
Colorado misses you too. Come and visit now and then.
This is sooo true. Very amusing. (The "how do you know" list, not the you-crying-when-you-got-Utah-plates part!)
WOW...those were VERY true! So funny! By the way, this is Becky (Manning) Allison...I found your blog recently. You have a beautiful family!
This is so hilarious!! and it is so true!! love you Sista!
This is pretty funny. I like the one about Casa Bonita. Classic. And I agree Colorado misses you too! Come back soon!!
Ha! Those are hilarious! And Daisy's joke? Hmmmph!
I miss Colorado too!!! Utah is just not the same.
Post a Comment