Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Just a Normal Kid

I was fixing some lunch yesterday and told Mikayla that she could eat lunch as soon as she picked up her blocks. She threw a fit, but I wasn't going to give up. She started ranting and raving and I quickly grabbed a pen and giggled to myself while she kept muttering the following...

I just want to be a normal kid.
No one treats me like a normal kid.
I always have to do everything in this house.
I do ALL the cleaning and mommy just doesn't.
Gweny doesn't have to clean her toys, she just yells.
I just want to be a normal kid.
I just want to be normal, like everyone else.
This is too big a mess and I just don't think I can do it.
I didn't even make this mess, daddy did.
Of course, the two minute task became a 15 minute fight and ended well after me telling her that she WAS a normal kid and that NORMAL kids have to pick up their own toys. She still doesn't believe me.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

This little conversation is great! Too bad you couldn't have it recorded. That is hilarious.

Also - Happy 8th!!!! That is definitely something to celebrate about.

Cindi said...

Just show her my blog and how 3 YR OLDS in MY house have to fold full loads of laundry! ;) Then she'll be glad she's just a normal kid doing normal chores!

Rachelle said...

Have her talk to my kids and they'll tell her about all the cleaning I make them do right after dinner. I make them totally clean up every single toy.

Jennifer Hepworth said...

Kids can be hilarious! You are so smart to write these things down when she says them. Too funny!

Scot and Jenny said...

This cracks me up! She's so funny, we love her so much!

Jim, Becky, and Kids said...

It's funny what a big deal something like that is to a child. I remember doing the same kind of thing when I was a kid!

Jen said...

Ha! That's too funny! Where do they get this stuff? And Happy 8th Anniversary, too!

Michelle said...

Ha ha ha, this is too funny! It reminds me of some things I've heard from Myah and Kamryn about cleaning up, something about how they "have to do everything," too funny!

Christian and Jennifer said...

Ummmm . . . that Jennifer was me. Guess I was logged into my Dentrix email account. Blog something!

Katie said...

MIkayla is so cute!! We need to go do something!!