Mikayla was picked to give the scripture in Primary yesterday. She was so cute. We had been praticing all week with the scripture that we picked. So when they said, "Mikayla Adams will now give our scripture," she ran up to the microphone and pulled it down in front of her face before I could get to the front of the room. She was SO excited about it. Her proud daddy said that you couldn't understand a word she said, but she was so cute doing and she felt so very proud of herself.
Mikayla is doing so great in her dancing and ice skating lessons. She loves them both so much. I am always so surprised at how well she does ice skating. She can stand up all by herself after she falls down!
Gweny is starting to walk (see below). She's very, very busy. Someone with two kids, please tell me how to explain to the older one that all the toys are now shared toys, and not just hers anymore.
Josh is doing great! He is loving his new job at the high school. His kids all love him. He gets to coach the debate team next year, which he is very, very excited about. For the past few years, the debate team has had about 6 members, but Josh has had over 15 sign up for next year already. We are so proud of him and we love that he gets to come home happy. He also got a very coveted spot on the summer school faculty, which is great news! We love our Josh!
I guess that's all for now!
3 comments:
Great job on giving the scripture, Mikayla! How fun! I'm sure you did a fantastic job.
ANd I can't get up after I fall down on ice skates, so Mikayla's awesome.
As far as sharing the toys . . . I have to make Beck count to 10 while Ainsley plays with one of his toys, then he gets it for 10 seconds and so on. They soon get bored of this and look for other things to do. So, that's the goal. Make the coveted toys BORING.
Congrats, Josh! Sounds like you are doing great with this job and that you are one popular teacher. Great jorb and happy day for fun jobs!
When Ashley started having a hard time with Eden, I told Ashley she could have 1 toy that was just hers, I even let her pick it out. And if she didn't want Eden to play with it she needed to put it away when she was done playing with it. I then explained to her that all the rest of the toys are for both of them to play with and if she wanted something Eden had, she had to come to me for help. Don't know if that helps at all, but it worked for us.
We need to get together for a play date soon!
-Rachelle
I'm glad that Josh likes his new job. Sharing is so hard! We still work on that all the time!
Post a Comment