Before we left for Colorado, we were sitting in the airport waiting to board our plane. Mikayla looked at the row of chairs directly behind us and noticed a young man who had his ear pierced about 8 times on each side. I saw the horrified look on her face and before she could say anything, I quickly assured her, "It's OK honey, sometimes men have their ears pierced." She looked back at him and then said in a loud and shocked voice, "Mommy, that man's a woman!"
QUESTION: Was that young man within hearing distance?
ANSWER: Of course.
So, I quickly told her that it was rude to say that and that sometimes, its OK for men to have earrings. She shook her head and said, "No Mommy, it isn't." I just let this go because I was hoping she would drop the whole thing and move on to something else within the realms of her little three year-old brain. I thought it was working. She was quiet and thoughtful for a moment before she blurted out, "It's ok. Sometimes my daddy is a woman."
QUESTION: WHAT????
ANSWER: Someone enlighten me, please, because I'm dying to know.
(Sorry for those of you who already commented. I wasn't done writing this. Gweny turned off the computer. She knows how to push all the right buttons and I mean that both ways.)
So then, Mikayla was chatting with my mom and Leeann before I went to airport to leave for Israel and Mikayla casually mentioned to them that sometimes, her daddy wears tights. Now, I happen to know for a fact that Josh is NEVER a woman and Josh NEVER wears tights. Trust me.
Then, later in the week, my wonderful sister, Jennifer, took all the kids for a walk. Apparently, Mikayla has more issues than I though. Click here to read the whole story .
So, just to remind everyone, JOSH IS NOT A WOMAN and JOSH DOES NOT WEAR TIGHTS. EVER!!!!
5 comments:
That made me laugh out loud! Funny, funny girl!
That's hilarious! I am waiting to hear the answer......
I can't wait to come play on Friday, I love you guys!
So Josh... Kids are so funny how they view the world!!!!
Josh, have you been wearing Merilee's heels?
Jennifer, yes I have been wearing Merilee's heels. At least I am young and spry and my bones are not old and decrepid like yours. Oh, that was an old person joke in case you missed it or plain just forgot by the time you finished reading this.
Post a Comment