Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2008

"To be fond of dancing was a certain step towards falling in love..." - Pride and Prejudice

Mikayla participated in a Princess Dance Camp at a local dance studio this past week. She had so much fun. She practiced at home for us a few times and loved showing off her dance clothes and fancy hair-dos.

She even taught Gweny some new moves. Gweny wasn't sure at first, but caught on at the end. (Sorry Jennifer, I'm stealing your idea here.)



Mikayla: "Let me show you how to dance, Gweny"
Gweny: "Whoa, whoa, what do you think you're doing?"


Mikayla: "I'm just trying to show you."

Gweny: "Hands off, Lady! No touchy touchy!"

Mikayla: "Fine, then just do this."




Gweny: "Ok, that's all you had to say. I can do it myself! You dont EVER have to touch me."

And this is what it would look like if Gweny were a giant...just in case you were wondering.



Then, on the final day of the dance camp, we got to go see them perform a few little dances for us. They got to dress up in their princess finest and show off what they had learned all week. I'm posting a ton of pictures of this epic event. I'm sure I was the only mom who cried with pride through the whole thing.


and a little curtsy to say..."The End"

2 comments:

Williamson Fam said...

Oh that is just adorable...i cant wait to sign kara up for dance class...

Stacy said...

Princess dance class...that is such a cute idea. It looks like she loved it. Xavier is starting one of his two music and movement classes tomorrow. I'll have to tell you how it goes!