Mikayla has discovered something very disturbing. At her very young four years of age, Mikayla thinks that she is truly and undoubtedly smarter than her mother. Here are a few examples.
- We went to the Body Worlds Exhibit in downtown Salt Lake on Saturday. Its a museum type exhibit that shows the muscular and cardiovascular systems of the body. The first room we walked into showed a heart. Mikayla was really interested. The conversation went like this.
Me: Mikayla, that is what your heart looks like.
Mikayla: (Loud and exaggerated SIGH) "No Mom"
Me: Yes, Mikayla.
Mikayla: No mom, my heart has two bumps on top and a point at the bottom.
Me: No, Mikayla, your heart looks like that.
Mikayla: No, mom. Maybe that's what my tummy heart looks like, but not my real heart.
Me: You only have one heart.
Mikayla: (Another Sigh) No mom. You are wrong.
- I'm trying to teach Mikayla her letters and numbers so we do a little "pre-school" session every day. We were working on the letter A.
Me: A is for Apple
Mikayla: and shoe
Me: S is for Shoe
Mikayla: No mom
Me: Yes Mikayla. A is Apple and S is for Shoe
Mikayla: and cake
Me: C is for cake.
Mikayla: (with the long, over-the-top sigh) No mom. You are wrong.
-Then we were riding in the car the other day. We were waiting at a stop light and I glanced back at the kids, who were sitting still and being unusually quiet. Mikayla looked at me and very dramatically rolled her eyes and let out a long, loud sigh and said, "Mommy, you are lost." I said, "No, we're almost home" and she said, "No mom, you're lost. You're wrong."
I thought that parents were smart until kids were teenagers. I thought I had a few years before I lost all signs of intelligence. I guess I'm wrong. Again...
6 comments:
Oh that is so funny, Ya it makes me scared to have teenagers if they are this mouthy already...yikes...
ha,ha,ha! For some reason that REALLY made me laugh! It really is amazing what a stinker they can be at so young an age.
*SIGH* you're just wrong, even if you're right. Your kids are so adorable!
Thats so funny!!!
How funny is she!? I loved this--totally made me laugh!
Ermie, you grate my cheese.
I love your kids. They make me laugh. Maybe one day Mikayla and Cameron will have their own laugh list!
Post a Comment