Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Very Wise Mikayla

Last Sunday, on the way home from church, I asked Mikayla what her Sunbeam lesson was about. She proudly answered, "about being honest." I asked, "What does is mean to be honest?" She said, "It means to be good and tell the truth." And daddy added, "And it means to obey and do the right thing when mommy tells you to, right?" Mikayla answered, "No, daddy. Honesty does NOT mean that and we did NOT learn about that in Sunbeams."


Mikayla constantly asks what time it is. She asks about once every two hours. And she always asks what day it is. So, I thought I would trick her the other day.
Mikayla: Mommy, what time is it?
Me (Singing): Summertime. Its our vacation! (from HSM2, for those of you who are lame and don't know.)
Mikayla: Mom, you're not funny.


Mikayla got a little vacuum from Josh's parents. It works great and is the perfect size for Mikayla to help out a little. So, the other day, I told her she needed to vacuum the living room. She got out the vacuum, unwound the cord, plugged it in and said, "Ok mom, I think I'm ready for some lessons!"

3 comments:

Christian and Jennifer said...

Dear Merilee and Josh,
Mikayla is smarter than you.
Love,
Jennifer

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

She is a funny girl--I'm glad you remember these cute things she says, it's fun to read:). Poor Gweny too--cute poem though!

Katie said...

Little Kids are so funny!! I love you Mikayla!